By submitting your works through our online process artists enter into an agreement with the Rotary Club of Frankston Inc, (the Organiser) to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- All exhibits must be the original work of the exhibitor who must be a resident of Australia and must have not been entered into previous Frankston Art Shows.
- No hand painted copies of paintings, imported or otherwise, will be accepted for exhibition.
- Each art work will be for sale at the price nominated by the artist on the entry form. Artists must remember to include GST where applicable.
- All entries must be made through the Gallery 247 on-line art and art show management system.
- Types, numbers and sizes of art works must conform to the “Acceptable Art Works" section of this website.
- All entries will undergo a Pre-Selection Process. The Organisers reserve the right to not accept a work of art and to limit the number of exhibits.
- If due to unforeseen events including but not limited to the Government implementing any COVID 19 restrictions, the Art Show cannot progress physically, the Organiser reserves the right to change the dates of display or to cancel the physical exhibition.
Dates - The key date related conditions are as follows
- Art works will only be considered if they are submitted by the Closing Date for Initial Submissions as detailed on the Key Dates section of this Website.
- Accepted art works must be delivered to the Art Show venue during the dates and times set aside for Delivery as detailed on the Key Dates section of this Website. No late works will be displayed.
- All art works must remain on display for the full duration of the Art Show
- All art works must be collected from the Art Show venue during the designated Collection times as detailed in the Key Dates section of this Website.
Fees and Commissions
- A registration/entry fee, as detailed in the Fees and Commissions section of this Website, will be charged for each art work on submission and payable via the online entry system. Entry fees are not refundable.
- An acceptance fee, as detailed in the Fees and Commissions section of this Website, will be charged for each art work once accepted and payable via the online entry system. Acceptance fees are not refundable.
- A commission, detailed in the Fees and Commissions section of this website, will be deducted from the catalogue price if the work is sold at or as a result of the Art Show. The Organiser shall apply this to defray the expenses of the Art Show and for charitable purposes.
Online Sales / Virtual Show
- Accepted entries will also be subject to Gallery 247's Terms and Conditions. It is important to note that Gallery 247 has a returns policy for buyers. You can view the 7 day money back guarantee here.
- Entries only entered for the Virtual Show will not be eligible for the Physical Art Show Awards but will be eligible for the Virtual Art Show Awards.
- Selling prices for art work entered for online sales in the Virtual Show must also list the relevant freight costs (Local Area, Within Australia, and optionally Outside Australia), which is the cost of shipping the sold artwork to the buyer. Estimates of delivery costs can be sought from your nearest Pack & Send agency and are Gallery 247’s preferred shipping supplier.
- The artist acknowledges that a buyer will pay the price of the artwork plus the cost of shipping. Artists need to ensure the shipping cost is accurate, as neither the Organiser, the buyer, nor Gallery 247 will be responsible for errors in shipping costs made by the artist.
- Gallery 247 will notify artists of any sale and will send artists details of the buyer. It is the responsibility of the artist to arrange shipping/delivery.
- If an artist sells an item entered and listed in a virtual show through other means, they must immediately inform the Art Show so that the item can be marked as sold, and are liable to pay the Art Show the commission stated in Fees and Commissions.
- Artists need to pay for the shipping costs upfront and then funds (price minus commission plus the shipping costs as set out on your Gallery 247 details) will be transferred via electronic transfer to the artists nominated bank account by Gallery 247.
- It is the artists’ responsibility to ensure suitable insurance covers be enacted to cover shipping.
- Awards will be allocated in designated categories detailed on the Awards section of this website.
- Awards are at the sole discretion of the Organiser and/or the appointed Judge. The Judge’s decision is final.
- The Organiser and / or the Judge may decide not to award a prize in a given category for a given year depending on the quality or number of works exhibited.
- The Organiser will arrange for, and the exhibitors permit, the publication of a catalogue online as part of the Art Show, of a catalogue containing all entries accepted and the names and other particulars of the exhibitors. The Organiser does not accept any responsibility for error, wrong description, omission or any other defect in the publication of such catalogue.
- Whilst all reasonable care will be exercised by the Organiser all entries are submitted at the total risk of the artist. The artist indemnifies the Organiser against any claim, loss or damage of whatever nature or cause however occurring and whether directly or indirectly relating to entered works or their delivery.
- It is strongly recommended that suitable insurance covers be enacted by the artist for the duration of the event.
- The artist accepts responsibility for freight and other charges incurred in the delivery or return of an entry.
- Each artist is responsible for keeping their mobile, email address, GST and EFT payment details up to date on the online system to ensure they receive updates before, during and after the Show, and the appropriate payment for sold artworks.
- The artist hereby authorises the Organiser to photograph, video and/or publish your work for the purposes of producing a catalogue or otherwise promoting the Show by any means, with due acknowledgement to the artist.
Acceptance of Conditions
By entering this art show you acknowledge:
- that the Organiser is entitled to commission on all sales, and
- that you have read and understand the above Conditions of entry and agree to be bound by them.
Share this with your friends